Reflections of a Passerby: Jesus, Jung, and the Power of Choice
Table of Contents
- Introduction – Am I a Christian?
- Part One – The Christian Myth: C. G. Jung and Elizabeth Boyden Howes
- Chapter 1 – Jung’s Vision of Christianity
- Chapter 2 – Other Jungian Views on Christianity
- Chapter 3 – Elizabeth Howes’s Search for the Historical Jesus
- Chapter 4 – Was There a Historical Jesus?
- Part Two – The Guild Seminars
- Chapter 5 – My First Seminar
- Chapter 6 –The Work of Discerning
- Chapter 7 – Meeting the Three
- Chapter 8 – Into the Depths
- Chapter 9 – Ministry and Miracles
- Chapter 10 – Who Forgives? What Heals?
- Chapter 11 – Myth or History: Finding Great Truths
- Chapter 12 – Choosing Life
- Chapter 13 – The Kingdom of Heaven Is Like …
- Chapter 14 – Gathering Strands
- Chapter 15 – Jesus’s Final Days
- Chapter 16 – The Empty Tomb
- Chapter 17 – The Journey Onward
- Guild for Psychological Studies
- About the Author
Eleanor Norris’s spiritual journey took her from Congregationalism to agnosticism to Roman Catholicism to Hindu and Buddhist practice before discovering the Guild for Psychological Studies’ core seminar based on the text, Records of the Life of Jesus. In 2001, she entered Pacifica Graduate Institute to study mythology from the perspective of Jung, and was awarded her PhD in 2008. A native Californian, the author lives in retirement in Davis, California.